Tuesday, April 13, 2010

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, good night

Well the final sessions have ended, the exhibits are closed, the prizes have been won, and all traveling leaders have left Indianapolis. The end of the Annual Meeting was as informative as the first - ending with outstanding keynote speakers and enlightening sessions.

The combination of stories from the sessions I attended reaffirmed why I became a nurse. The story of Dr. Steve Robbins’ family tragedies and Vicky's story swept me into the lives of individuals I had never met. I could see their pain and view the road to recovery, and I knew that brilliant healthcare professionals were there to help.

I have come away from our meeting with many new ideas, friends, and colleagues. I look forward to implementing and share these ideas with my peers and colleagues at home - with the understanding that I have a network of thousands to lean on when I am presented with a barrier.

Thank you all for a great time.

Be well.
Mark Ambler, RN
twitter.com/MarkInfoRN

No comments:

Post a Comment